Shopping Guide for Horse Vitamins and Supplements
Just like people, horses require a variety of nutrients, including protein, water, minerals and vitamins. The specific amount of each nutrient your horse needs depends on his or her activity level, weight and whether your horse is pregnant, lactating or still growing. While some horses with very light workloads can meet their daily needs through consuming quality hay or grass, horses with heavier work schedules usually require some additional supplementation.
When considering weight management, you need to balance your horse’s diet while meeting all of his or her digestible energy requirements. A good feeding program is based on meeting the nutritional needs of your horse, maintaining a healthy digestive system and choosing high-quality feed.
Types of Horse Vitamins and Supplements
When you provide your horse supplements that he or she needs, they help regulate all of your horse’s normal functions. At HorseLoverZ.com, we carry a variety of affordable, high-quality horse supplements: Some of the top brand horse supplements we carry include Silver Lining, Dac and Farnam. We also carry horse vitamins and minerals that are designed to address specific issues.
Some of the horse supplements we carry include:
- Weight gainers and builders – these supplements are perfect for horses that are heavy performers or currently training.
- Anti-inflammatory and joint support – these supplements are ideal for horses with arthritis and those that have lost fluid in their joints.
- Calming – specifically designed supplements to relieve anxiety associated with training, traveling, performing and illness.
- Hoof support – address the nutritional deficiencies that can cause cracking, weakening and/or crumbling of the hooves.
- Digestive support – the digestive system of a horse is delicate and can be negatively affected by an illness, injury and/or stress. These supplements are designed to assist your horse in attaining the nutrients he or she needs.
- Electrolyte balance support – if your horse's electrolytes are not balanced, he or she could become dehydrated. In addition, his or her muscle function may be affected.
- Coat, skin and hair – a glossy coat indicates a healthy horse, which is why many owners choose to give their horses coat, skin and horse hair supplements.
- Breeding – these supplements are designed to help your mare prepare for pregnancy and lactation.
Horse Vitamins and Supplements – Determining What Your Horse Needs
You should always check with your veterinarian to determine which horse supplements and how much of each kind your horse needs to maintain his or her overall health.
Horse Vitamins and Supplements Storage Information
The horse vitamins and minerals that you purchase from HorseLoverZ will have information related to proper storage on their packaging: Please follow those instructions.
Your One-Stop-Shop for Everything Equine
At HorseLoverZ, we are dedicated to remaining the world’s largest online tack shop. For this reason, we scour the internet comparing our prices to those of our competitors. Doing so ensures that our customers receive the best prices possible on all of their riding equipment, apparel, horse vitamins and minerals, and other top-of-the-line horse care products. Whether you are a backyard enthusiast, an ‘A’ circuit professional or a trail rider, you can count on HorseLoverZ to meet all of your equine needs. We encourage you to take advantage of our daily sales events, buy one get one free promotions, complimentary gifts, free-shipping deals and deep discounts on liquidation items. In addition, we offer each of our customers a price match guarantee and a 100% satisfaction guarantee.