Bio Spot Defense Spot On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs
- NEW improved flea and tick control topical formula with new active ingredient
- Starts killing flea and ticks within 15 minutes
- Bio Spot Defense kills all flea life stages - eggs, larvae, and adults
- Kills all flea life stages, ticks, PLUS kills and repels mosquitoes
- Five weight ranges means flea and tick control that's right for your dog
- For dogs over 6 months of age
Defend your dog from ALL flea life stages, ticks and mosquitoes. Bio Spot Defense with improved formulation provides fast-acting and long-lasting protection from fleas no matter what life stage they're in. Bio Spot Defense for Dogs starts killing fleas and ticks within 15 minutes and continues to kill adult fleas, flea larvae, flea eggs, and ticks for up to 21 days. Kills and repels mosquitoes (a major carrier of canine heartworm) for up to 28 days. Insect Growth Regulator (IGR) in Bio Spot Defense controls the development of flea larvae for up to two and a half months to break the flea life cycle and control flea re-infestation.
Squeeze easy-to-apply liquid topical directly on your pet's skin each month for effective year-round use on indoor and outdoor dogs. Water-resistant formula keeps killing fleas and ticks in humid and wet conditions. Bio Spot Defense contains lanolin for coat conditioning and has a fresh clean scent.
Active Ingredients: insecticide etofenprox; (S)-Methoprene, an insect growth regulator (IGR); and Piperonyl Butoxide, a synergist that enhances the performance of the other active ingredients.
Important: Do not use on dogs under 6 months of age. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on senior, pregnant, or nursing dogs.
|Etofenprox (CAS # 80844-07-1)||30.0%|
|S-methoprene IGR (Insect Growth Regulator) (CAS # 65733-16-6)||3.6%|
|Piperonyl Butoxide(CAS # 51-03-6)*||5.0%|
*Equivalent to minimum 4.00% butylcarbityl (6-propylpiperonyl ether) and 1.00% related compounds.
Dosage: 1 applicator every 30 days per dog.
Important! Do NOT use on dogs 6 months of age or less.
Read entire label before each use. Use only on Dogs. Do NOT use on other animals!
Bio Spot Defense Spot On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs prevents flea eggs from developing into adult fleas for up to 2.5 months. Bio Spot Defense Spot On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs also kills fleas and ticks for 3 weeks and kills and repels mosquitoes for 3 to 4 weeks.
Directions For Use: It is a violation of Federal Law to use this product in a manner inconsistent with its labeling. Bio Spot Defense Spot On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs works by application directly to the dog's skin, not to the hair. When applying, manually push aside dog's hair to allow direct application to the skin. Do not get this product in dog's eyes or mouth.
- Bend at perforation and tear off first applicator.
- Hold applicator and bend area of plastic at perforation, tear off and discard. Hold applicator upright and snap tip back, away from face and body.
- The dog should be standing for easy application. Bio Spot Defense Spot On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs should be applied evenly to three spots on the top of the back from the shoulder to the base of the tail. At each spot, part the hair until the skin is visible. Place the tip of the tube on the skin and gently squeeze to expel a portion of the solution on the skin. Do not apply an excessive amount of the solution at any one spot that could cause some of the solution to run off the side of the dog.
- Do not spread Bio Spot Defense Spot On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs by hand over the dog. Although the dog's skin and hair oils will naturally distribute the application over the entire dog, brushing the dog 12-24 hours after application will help to distribute the material over the skin.
- Do not reapply product for 30 days unless re-treatment is required, but not sooner than 8 days after the initial treatment. Do not retreat more than once per month.
- Discard empty applicator as described in Storage and Disposal.
Bio Spot Defense Spot On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs is most effective when used as part of a total flea and tick management program. Use other Bio Spot products registered for residential area control of these pests in conjunction with this treatment. Monthly treatments are required for optimal control and prevention of fleas. The successive feeding activity of fleas on pets may elicit a hypersensitivity skin disorder known as flea allergy dermatitis (FAD). Treatment of pets with Bio Spot Defense Spot On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs rapidly kills fleas and may reduce the incidence of this condition. Bio Spot Defense Spot On Flea & Tick Control for Dogs is water resistant and remains efficacious following exposure to rainfall or swimming.
Storage and Disposal
Pesticide Storage: Store in a cool area away from children and animals. Disposal: If empty: Do not reuse applicator. Place in trash or offer for recycling if available. If partially filled: Call your local solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Never place unused product down any indoor or outdoor drain.
Precautionary Statements Hazards to Humans and Domestic Animals - Caution Do NOT Use On Dogs Less Than 6 Months Old. Do NOT use on cats.
For external use only. Causes moderate eye irritation. Avoid contact with eyes or clothing. Wash thoroughly with soap and water after handling and before eating, drinking, chewing gum, using tobacco, or using the toilet. Repeated exposure to etofenprox can cause skin irritation. Consult a veterinarian before using this product on debilitated, aged, pregnant, nursing, or animals on medication. Sensitivities may occur after using ANY pesticide product for pets. If signs of sensitivity occur, bathe your pet with mild soap and rinse with large amounts of water. If signs continue, consult a veterinarian immediately.
Click to Report Issue or Better Description