Farrier's Formula Double Strength
Lasts Twice As Long As Original Farrier's Formula
The nutrients in Farrier's Formula Double Strength important for a healthy hoof are provided at twice the concentration compared to original Farrier's Formula with the taste that horses love!
The 11 lb. nitrogen-flushed vacuum package or 11 lb. bucket deliver:
- Twice the number of daily doses compared to original Farrier's Formula.
- A 60 day supply for a 1000 lb horse at the Adult Replenishment Feeding Level or a 120 day supply when feeding at the Adult Maintenance Feeding Level.
- Added benefit of being more economical to feed compared to original Farrier's Formula
Farrier's Formula Double Strength is doping free and can be fed to competition horses.
Ingredients Contained in Farrier's Formula Double Strength
Dehydrated Alfalfa Meal, Soy Protein Concentrate, Lecithin, Yeast Culture Dehydrated, DL-Methionine, Hydrated Sodium Calcium Aluminosilicate, Biotin, Ascorbic Acid, Zinc oxide, Basic Copper Chloride, Cobalt Carbonate, Calcium Iodate, Permitted natural and artificial flavorings added.
- Alfalfa meal is highly palatable to horses. It contains a high Carotene content. The horse converts Carotene to Vitamin A as needed.
- Soy protein concentrate is rich in Amino Acids which are required building blocks of tissue. Soy protien concentrate also funishes the amino acid Tyrosine which is a component of thyroid hormone and the neurotransmitter dopamine. Tyrosine is an essential Amino Acid and therefore must be available in the diet. Research performed at Life Data Labs in the 1970s - 1980s established the relationship of this nutrient with hoof problems and obesity related syndromes. Tyrosine supplementation is the natural means of regulating these syndromes, and has always contributed to the effectiveness of Farrier's Formula.
- Lecithin contains Phospholipids and Omega Fatty Acids which add strength and pliability to connective tissues, and are also critical for proper moisture balance. Skin, hoof and hair are connective tissues.
- Yeast Culture is a rich source of B-Vitamins necessary for good metabolism and healthy dermis (skin, hoof and hair).
- DL-Methionine is a sulfur-containing Amino Acid deficient in all commonly fed grains (corn, oats, barley, etc.). It is important for the proper utilization of lipids and building the sulfur crosslinks that add strength to connective tissue proteins.
- Biotin is a highly active member of the B-Complex Vitamins. Biotin serves essential roles in Fatty Acid metabolism.
- Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid) supplementation is traditionally believed to be unnecessary in horses. However, research conducted by Life Data Labs established that stabled or stressed horses often have minimal blood levels of Ascorbic Acid and therefore benefit from supplementation. Vitamin C is required for healthy and strong connective tissue.
- Zinc is required for the healthy maturing of keratin - a major component of the outer layers of dermal tissue. Proper keratin formation is important for wound healing, skin health, and hoof structue.
- Copper is an important component of a multitude of metabolic functions. A Copper deficiency leads to a number of abnormal conditions including defects in the pigmentation and strength of hair and hoof.
- Cobalt is essential for the production of Vitamin B-12 by microorganisms in the gastrointestinal tract of the horse, and is important in the formation of red blood cells and healthy skin.
- Calcium Iodate provides an easily utilized form of iodine. Iodine is a component of thyroid hormones which regulate basal metabolism. A deficiency of thyroid hormones is known as hypothyroidism and leads to a multitude of disease conditions including poor hair coat and hoof quality.
|Nutrient||Per 85 gm|
|Protein, Fat, Fiber and Ash|
|Crude Protein (Min)||25 %||21,250 mg|
|Crude Fat (Min)||12 %||10,200 mg|
|Crude Fiber (Max)||12 %||10,200 mg|
|Ash (Max)||14 %||11,900 mg|
|Lysine (Min)||1.18 %||1,000 mg|
|DL-Methionine (Min)||6.24 %||5,300 mg|
|Cystine (Min)||0.27 %||230 mg|
|Glycine (Min)||0.93 %||790 mg|
|Proline (Min)||1.12 %||952 mg|
|Tyrosine (Min)||0.56 %||480 mg|
|Phenylalanine (Min)||1.00 %||850 mg|
|Phosphatidylcholine (Min)||4.25 %||3,613 mg|
|Omega 3 Fatty Acids (Min)||0.89 %||757 mg|
|Trans Fatty Acids||0.0 %||0.0 gm|
|Calcium (Min)||0.65 %||553 mg|
|Calcium (Max)||0.80 %||680 mg|
|Phosphorus (Min)||0.85 %||723 mg|
|Sodium (Max)||0.5 %||425 mg|
|Zinc (Min)||2,940 ppm||250 mg|
|Copper (Min)||1,080 ppm||92 mg|
|Cobalt (Min)||22.4 ppm||1.9 mg|
|Iodine (Min)||14.2 ppm||1.2 mg|
|Ascorbic Acid (Vit C)(Min)||3,480 mg/lb||651 mg|
|Biotin (Min)||107 mg/lb||20 mg|
|Choline (Min)||2,700 mg/lb||505 mg|
|Inositol (Min)||3,200 mg/lb||598 mg|
*One-half (1/2) measuring cup (119 ml) will deliver 85 gm of product.
Farrier's Formula Double Strength is available in 11 lb nitrogen flushed vacuum bags or 11 lb nitrogen flushed buckets.
Feed with a good quality hay and grain ration
Farrier's Formula Double Strength should be fed with a good quality hay and grain ration. Eliminate any bran from the diet if possible. The phytate
Click to Report Issue or Better Description