Barley Straw Pellets
- Maintains clear pond water naturally
- Fish and plant friendly
- Last 12 weeks
- Use at the beginning of the pond season
Laguna Barley Straw helps maintain superior pond water conditions in a completely natural way. The barley straw comes in small slow-release pellet form for easy handling and convenience. The specialized pellets are completely natural and will support plant growth when used as suggested. Simply place the pellets in a mesh bag (included) and immerse in the water. Over the next several weeks, the pellets will release an enzyme that helps promote clean and healthy pond water. The barley straw is completely natural and will not harm fish or plant life. One 2.5 lb (1.13 kg) bag treats 1250 US gallons (4730 L) and lasts 12 weeks.
Directions for use:
1. Introduce the pellets early in the spring (or at the beginning of the pond season).
2. Place the pellets in the enclosed media bag at the rate of 1 lb per 500 US gallons of water. Seal the closure and place the bag in the pond.
3. Always place the pellets in an area where there is sufficient water movement, such as in close proximity to a waterfall (but not directly under it), fountain or stream outlet. Try to maintain a position close to the water surface. Avoid contact with sharp objects in the pond.
4. Allow a minimum of 1 month for product effectiveness. The natural process that takes place is temperature dependent. It is beneficial to start using it at the beginning of the pond season to take full advantage of the benefits of this product.
5. Do not dose very dirty ponds stocked with fish when water temperature is high.
6. Add new pellets every three months for maximum effectiveness. Place new pellets in a new media bag and remove the old pellets one month after adding the new pellets.
Size: 2.5 lbs
Click to Report Issue or Better Description