The auto-rewind Pirit Heated Hose Reel is used to provide a constant source of water in freezing temperatures. Our thermostatically controlled heater turns on automatically to keep standing water from freezing. An ultraviolet-proof outer cap protects hose from long-term sun damage. Easy to use in all directions with the included 180 degree swivel bracket mount. Includes a 50' high-quality PVC hose that is pre-installed. This item prevents the water from freezing, it will not make hot water.
- Thermostatically controlled heater turns on automatically to keep standing water from freezing.
- Ultraviolet-proof outer cap protects hose from long-term sun damage.
- 180 degree swivel bracket mount for ease of use in all directions.
- Auto-rewind made from self lubricating materials to ensure smooth rewind.
- Includes a 50-foot high-quality PVC hose, pre-installed.
- Draws only 120 Watts or 1 Amp when on.
- One year limited warranty.
IMPORTANT: This hose is for normal farm and garden use and light commercial use only.
ELECTRICAL RATING: (5/8" inner diameter of hose) 75 watts, 120 volts 60 hertz
WARNING: Do not attempt to cut or splice hoseserious injury may result. Do not spray water into an electrical outlet. Severe electrical shock could result.
Care and Use:
- Plug the 3-prong cord into a Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) or a properly grounded 3-hole outlet that is protected by a GFCI.
- The heater is thermostatically controlled and will not turn on unless the ambient temperature approaches freezing. Once it is plugged in, it will only turn on when necessary.
- Screw the female end of the 5-foot source hose onto your faucet or spigot. Make sure the washer is in place inside the female coupling.
- Unscrew and drain the 5-foot source hose between uses to extend the lifetime of the hose and protect your spigot from freezing.
IMPORTANT: THE 5-FOOT SOURCE HOSE IS NOT FROST PROTECTED. ALWAYS DISCONNECT AND DRAIN THE 5-FOOT SOURCE HOSE FROM YOUR SPIGOT WHEN NOT IN USE.
If unplugged from your GFCI power outlet and water is frozen inside the hose, allow time for the ice to melt before use. (How much time you will need to thaw the hose if frozen will depend on ambient temperature.) Auto-rewind works best when hose is pulled slowly and locks into desired length automatically. You will hear several clicks while you pull which indicate the hose will not rewind. To return the hose to the Heated Hose Reel enclosure, give the hose a short tug of approximately 12-18 inches and it will automatically retract into the PIRIT Heated Hose Reel. Guide the hose smoothly back into the hose reel to prevent kinking. DO NOT pull or tug the hose with excessive force as this may damage the fittings, rewind system or electronic components.
Click to Report Issue or Better Description